News & Advice

How to Work in Canada as Student ?


As an international student, it’s important to know that you can work in Canada as you complete your education and even after you graduate. In order to work while you study, you will need some type of work permit from CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada).


Here are 2 types of work study permit programs available by (Citizenship and Immigration Canada).

1. On-Campus work permits: This includes opportunities for employment at the institution where you are studying. To qualify, you will need to be a full-time student with a study permit. Typical jobs include: working at the campus bookstore, tutoring, working in the library, working at on-campus restaurants or retail store, and more. Be sure to visit our office in Bangkok and meet one of our Academic Advisor to find out more about the opportunities Canadian Universities or Schools offer.

2. Off-Campus work permits: This includes work opportunities outside of your school, such as working at the local mall, restaurants, part-time administrative work, etc. In order to qualify for an off-campus work permit, you will need to be a full-time student with a satisfactory academic standing. An off-campus work permit will allow you to work up to 20 hours per week and full-time during holidays or breaks.

Stay tuned with us – Study Links Division – An integral part of Service Links Canada Team